Monday, February 6, 2012

Love Lines #7: love is the answer, whatever the question.

No Regrets
Australian author and songwriter, Bronnie Ware, spent many years working in palliative care.  From her conversations with the dying she wrote a book The Top Five Regrets of the Dying, a memoir of her life and how it was transformed by the common regrets expressed by the dying.  Here they are:
1.  I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, and not the life others expected of me.
2.  I wish I hadn't worked so hard.
3.  I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings
4.  I wish I'd stayed in touch with my friends.
5.  I wish I had let myself be happier.


Day 7: 
Relationships thrive when we are open and heartfelt.   Looking at your life as it is now, what regrets would you have on your deathbed?  Is there an unresolved issue in a significant relationship?  Do you find it hard to openly express your love for others?  Is there something you wish you could try, just for the sheer fun and adventure of it?  Are you burying old hurts and pain in the hopes they will go away?  Write a list of your imagined regrets and let your life begin its transformation today whilst there is still time to live life with an open heart and no regrets.

No comments: