Saturday, November 24, 2012

Mother's Little Dreamer

Chatting with two of my children over lunch one day my daughter, then aged 7, asked why we had dreams. To be honest I hardly gave it a moment's thought and I still don't know why I gave the answer I did.

"I think there are three reasons.  Sometimes dreams are just a way of getting rid of the messy things that get stuck in your head, some dreams help us to feel better about bad stuff, other times it's God's way of talking to us."

"Yes," piped up my son, then aged 4, "God's very nice isn't she?"

Amazed at what the little guy had just said, I gently asked "Have you met God, then?" "Yes", he replied matter-of-factly.

"What did she look like?"

"She was wearing a white dress with a big gold necklace on.  She was very kind."

"And... did she say anything?"

"She just sat me on her knee and told me that she loved me."

And with that he finished his peanut butter sandwich, got down from the table went back to playing cars with his sister.

I stood at the kitchen sink amazed and delighted that my child had met God and that she was a woman!!

No comments: